Marketing is the New Ad: Brands as Video Storytellers
With ad blocking being at an all time high (In 2015, ad blocking resulted in an estimated $21.8 billion in “blocked” revenue), a shrinking audience on traditional media, and stiff competition in new media (due to the abundance of content and platforms), brands must change their marketing strategies from “advertising” to educating, inspiring and storytelling in order to propel conversations and stay relevant. Whether through social media, mobile or movies, many marketers are devoting more resources to creative production in hopes of improving ad quality and engaging loyal audiences. Join four marketing executives from top brands to discuss the challenges and successes of video storytelling, and what the future holds for this art form.
- How has video storytelling aided in delivering a more personalized, rather than a one-size-fits-all experience?
- How are you measuring the success of video storytelling as opposed to traditional advertizing?
- How are non-working costs affecting marketing budgets and distribution?
- How have distribution models changed, and how can you tell which platforms are right for your brand?
- What is the future of brands as video storytellers?